pcgamessale
0
76271

NPD: 37% of Americans are PC Gamers; Over Half of These are Casual Gamers

According to a new report “Understanding PC Gaming 2014″ by the NPD Group, 37% of Americans play PC games. The research is based on a survey of over 6,000 US respondents over the age of 9. Of these PC gamers, 56% can be classified as Casual with the remaining 44% classifie

Read more
glu
0
59046

Glu Games to Acquire Cie Games for $100 Million

Glu Mobile Inc. has agreed to acquire social & mobile game developer Cie Games. Glu has agreed to pay total consideration of approximately $100 million ($30 million cash and $70 million in shares of common stock) for the Long-Beach based studio. Cie’s most successful game, R

Read more
ps42
0
27463

PS4 is Best-Selling Console for 6th Month in a Row

According to the NPD Group’s latest report, game hardware sales in the US reached $292.7 million in June, a 106% year-on-year jump. This was driven by continued success of the next-gen consoles, which pushed console sales up by 200% since June 2013. The researcher did not mentio

Read more
5thplanet
0
30797

5th Planet Games Secures $3 Million in Funding

Mobile game developer, 5th Planet games, has secured $3 million its first funding round. The round was led by DCA Capital Partners and included investment from Moneta Ventures. The California-based develops both collectible-card and role-playing games for mobile and the web. They will

Read more
curse
0
30351

Curse Secures $16 Million in Funding

googleplay
0
63378

Google Play Revenues up 2.5x Since Last Year

games
0
53996

US Gamers Spend $1.46 Billion in May

gamer
0
17072

Females Now Account for 48% of all US Gamers

titanfall
0
8776

Hardcore Titles Drive Digital Game Spend Up in March

clash
0
1941

US Mobile Games Market Makes 247 Companies More Than $1M a Year

ps4
0
2305

PS4 is February’s best-selling console; Xbox One generates more revenue

download
0
693

GDC San Francisco

kabam
0
2638

Kabam Acquires Developer Phoenix Age

jawfish
0
2270

Jawfish Games shutting down after acquisition falls through

copernicus
0
1108

Kingdoms of Amalur Sequel Goes Unsold as $320,000 Raised at 38 Studios Auction

COD
0
1562

US Digital Games Market Sales Totaled $1,066 Million in November

Social Gaming and Gambling Summit Las Vegas
0
319

Social Gambling & Gaming Summit Las Vegas

atari
0
1565

Atari’s bankruptcy escape plan is court-approved

smartphone
0
1021

Half of American smartphone owners spend at least 30 mins a day gaming

money
0
1208

GTAV helps US video game spend grow by 17% in Q3

gamer
0
1281

48% of Americans Over 50 Play Video Games

wargaming
0
1062

Wargaming funds a stealth-stage game studio in Seattle

Rumble
0
1041

Rumble Entertainment Closes $17.5 Million in Series B Financing Led by Nexon

asia
0
1093

Chinese Studio Planning to Acquire 20% stake in California Based Red5 Studios

tablet gaming
0
1064

Gaming more popular in China than US as mobile gaming expands

38studios
0
943

38 Studios IPs to go to auction in November

mom
0
929

74% of US Mothers Play Video Games.

team
0
976

Digital Game Sales in the US Reach $1.1 Billion in July

omgpop
0
871

Zynga will shut down OMGPOP on September 30th

casualconnect
0
1263

Casual Connect Reveals a Scary and Hopeful Gaming Business